Monday, June 11, 2012

Work; Rom-Com pierogi; Art& pirates

I dreamt I was back at work. There were lots of new little cubicles to work in which I had never noticed before. I got in very early and did some slightly sneaky task but I was setting up the computer right when K got in. I went to a small conference room and we decided to watch a movie.

I was in the movie. It started out as a romantic comedy about two friends who have made a pact to have a baby. It takes place in a darkly lit bar that sets out free food. I was one of the characters, and I was mostly interested in tracking down the different types of pierogi. There was one in a spicy szechuan type sauce, deep fried ones with cheese, bland boiled ones with tomato sauce, all set out in awkward vessels, like a big deep Chinese vase, served with chopsticks, or in a steam tray that kept moving. At the end of that section, the guy of the couple is setting up a fake baby shower page and laughing.

The second half of the movie was on a voyage. The kid is now about seven, a precocious homeschooled boy named Sloane who keeps pointing out that Sloane could also be a girl's name. It was very beautiful. We were on a river, then we went to an art exhibit. Everything was in reds and browns, and there were modern sculptures made with packets of mint chewing gum, which I could smell.

We lay out on a promonade by the river. Suddenly a woman who had been one of our party and a bunch of her followers showed up, coming up out of the brick promenade as if it were water. They were pirates! I got up to fight her. She had a long kitchen knif that I wrestled from her, and she smiled and pulled out her sword. We fought and I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment