Sunday, June 24, 2012

Epic Search for Dinner; Blow Up Cover Up

Walking around a small city late at night with my college friends J and R. We met up with a friend, a schlubby guy, and took him to a hotel of ill repute. We could see into other people's dorm rooms from there. We decided we were hungry and went on an epic search for dinner. R found a place on her phone but I said it was too expensive, everyone else said tough luck. I was driving, but it turned out we didn't have a car but had to walk fast in poorly marked lanes.

We saw an Aztec themed restaurant on the way and I talked everyone into going. They had a huge buffet and I was excited. I stood in line with a nice chatty young German guy and talked about my book. After a minute I realized I had no idea where the clean plates were.

I went through the restaurant searching for plates with no luck. Through the door I saw that there was a building about to be blown up. I rushed over and saw that on the television there was a false report. It was a big corporate conspiracy. I had a little camera and took pictures. Sliding the camera down from my eye, I saw my lens was filtering out the true image.

I got into a fight with two tourists in the entrance of the doomed building.

No comments:

Post a Comment