Monday, June 25, 2012

Ramshackle home visit; Book Party

Walking through a small town. I'm talking on the phone with my mother (not my real mother), who is scolding me for not visiting more, when I see her on the front porch of our house. She sees me at the same time and laughs and hangs up. The house is very ramshackle and there's a bunch of junk on the porch. My mother is a bearded lady and holds up a bearded lady doll. A small dog is there and I go to pet it, but my mother sadly tells me he's sick and no longer wants to be touched.

I have a boyfriend or someone visiting and I give him the tour. Behind the house is a pond. We slip in. There are just a few feet of slimy weeds and then a sandy bottom. We stay in for a long time and talk politics with the old men (they must be my relatives) who are hanging around.

When I go to get out, I drift to the right a little bit. The water gets murkier and scarier at the bottom and I see a huge aligator. I manage to turn myself around and climb out of the water.

I'm at a book party event for a friend. He had been worried no one would come but I see a lot of our friends. There's also a woman who leaves at the same time as me and we walk back to work. We turn out to work in the same building. We linger in the lobby a minute and she asks why I left my job and why I'm coming back now. I explain I'd had to go by earlier in the day. I turn and see my boss behind me.

Something about a monkey tattoo or a board game at the book party?

Some old friends are visiting who have lost their baby. For a minute in the dream I'm confused and think it's my niece who's dead. Terribly sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment