Friday, June 8, 2012

I fell back asleep after having anxious thoughts about needing to print something out. I dreamt I was in a copy center, but the basement had been converted into a theater. The play had started and I thought it was pretty good, and then I saw actors in red and yellow motorcycle outfits with huge, pointy-snouted helmets, and I laughed because I realized it was a show I'd read a good review about. The helmets were supposed to represent mouse snouts and there was some Kraftwerk/Autobahn inspired musical number, and all the children in the audience were called up to race around. I got confused, thinking they were going off track, but it didn't seem to matter.

The dream switched suddenly and I was walking through neighborhoods with my childhood friend M and our buddy W. I had accomplished my printing chore. Suddenly I realized I had no idea how I had gotten there and I said, "Hey, I don't think this is real." I grabbed on a wooden piece of a porch and felt the texture of it, but I still was sure I was asleep. But I couldn't seem to wake myself up or change anything, so I kept going and forgot I was asleep.

We came to an outdoor party of women doing crafts. We got to talking with them and the hostess got a cloth pouch for me and began filling it with buttons, saying she was never going to use them. They were very pretty, pink and orange with metal filagree designs on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment