Monday, March 22, 2010

Science Museum; SoapCheese; Ring Cycle Physics; Monster

3/22/10

Science museum. Going out in a neighborhood in the south, I think Georgia, and getting lost. There's a path uphill that I think leads to my neighborhood but instead it leads to a "science museum". The entrance is a very dark room full of insects. I go in, thinking, this is slightly too many insects even for a science museum. They're landing on my face and hair and it does not feel good but I can't really crush them since they're part of the museum. I'm trying not to freak out or be rude. I have to coax a tarantula off my gray tweed purse with a piece of cardboard. I'm talking to my old middle school friend Liz on the phone.

At the end of the museum there's a room with a baby seal. He has a human face but very soft featured. His flippers are adorable. He's rounded and pink and white. He looks like mochi. I really want to hug and play with him but I have places to be. The baby seal tries to coax me to stay, in almost a menacing way. He's got a salmon for us to eat that he caught himself. He shows me where he punched the fish and gave it a black eye.

Later, in a different part of the museum, a circle of us sit around. Some professorial type is trying to demonstrate a principal of science or magic by handing out hard, cheap bars of soap. If we knead them in our hands enough, they'll burst into flame. Instead, mine turns into something that looks and feels exactly like brie, but it burns my hand.

The professor has to leave and we need to do Ring Cycle Physics, like, physics based on the opera. A guy shows up and we realize he's a villain. Maybe a monster? A vampire? We throw logs at him and then we hit his bike with a shovel to injure him. We phone for help. I put on my gray skirt with the silver ribbon and run through the haunted museum for help.

This was a menacing but pretty funny dream. I would have felt so socially awkward when I was fighting off bugs. In the dream, I remembered my old dream about going into the house full of huge neon bugs and having my toad. This isn't like that, though, I thought in the dream.

The seal with a human face was new. In the dream it was cute but now that I remember it, it's creepy as hell. It was like an adult man's face, puffy and pink and creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment