Sunday, March 21, 2010

Launch; Lost and Breakfast With M; Kitchen Culture; Tasting Pozole

3/19/10

I'm wearing a hoodie. I'm launching myself with a running machine, like it has a sling shot type action with these stirrup like foot slings that sends me forward.

I'm getting ready in the morning. Helping to serve ice cream.

I'm trying to get back to my apartment. From way up town on the west side to 1st and 1st. I'm getting lost in the streets. It's much farther west than I thought. I go across a courtyard. There are too many people. I see my old roommate M eating breakfast at a sidewalk cafe. He's got really elaborate facial hair, like beard and mustache are in thin channels all over his face. He's wearing a really natty plaid suit and we're glad to see each other.

I'm sorting records and magazines. They all feature food. I see a spread about an actress. I realize the actress is fake.

I'm sorting through clothes with W.

A teenager predicts a dog's death on the beach.

I'm walking through the kitchen. I notice I'm wearing white, then I see everyone else is too. They're all eating something with lingonberries, something bright red. They're stewed and leave pretty pink and red smudges on the white plates.

I take a bite of something, or suddenly there's a taste in my mouth. It tastes like the broth from Nita's pozole. I can really taste the spice and the starchy taste of the hominy.

Another running through the city dream. I wonder why my dreams of the city are always kind of lost and anxious? I go through the same routes all the time and haven't been lost in New York in over a decade.

This is the first time I remember really tasting anything in a dream. I don't remember taking a bite of something, but the flavor was incredibly vivid. I think in the dream I tasted it without knowing what it was but once I had it in my mouth I immediately knew. I woke up right after, or I don't think I would have remembered. Very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment