Monday, March 15, 2010

Dog Boots; Weird Burger: Hugging Renegade

3/15/10

I'm at a theater. I've come in from the rain and I see Hanna come in. She's got a big wet dog with her. The dog is wearing rain boots, marked front and back. I take the boots and carefully massage them as if they were the dog's feet. She's grateful. T here's a guy there, I think it's Clay?

Old lady neighbors in McLean?

I'm making food with Cameron late at night. I try to grill a burger on like a grilling machine. The middle is underdone and someone starts freaking me out about underdone meat. I put it away for the time being. I eat it later gleefully even though I know other people will think it's gross.

There's an older man who's my friend visiting. Sort of a famous crank and renegade, like a Hunter S. Thompson type character. I have to go somewhere and he asks wistfully to be hugged. I hug him and it's kind of joyful.

This was a dream about being useful and practical. But why would I massage the boots and not the feet? And I never make hamburgers at home. Where did that come from? I've been feeling like kind of a spazz lately in my work life but I know among my friends I'm known as being reliable and organized. I guess I have different skills or my friends are just really out of it themselves.

Who is that older man a stand-in for? Al? Tim? Maybe even my step-father? I'm a little worried about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment