Monday, January 18, 2010

White Jeans; Theater; Air Jordan; Dessert

1/18/10

I'm in school or in a fancy office. I'm wearing super pristine white jeans. I go out into the city on my lunch break and climb up onto a fire escape where some teenagers are putting up their manifesto in graffitti. One kid tells me "Stay in School!" and I say that I'm out of school, I'm thirty. The kid seems impressed and becomes my chum. Sort of without my noticing, he puts neon red, yellow and green graffitti lines all over the knees of my white jeans. I'm upset for a minute but secretly I think it looks cool.

Going back I get mixed up in a huge line, like airport security. I'm filling out a customs form and it looks like I'm going to China. The expiditer asks if there's anyone by the name of GG around. I remember just seeing my friend G and I ask for the ticket to give to her. They just give me the stub. They finally call me and I race in. My luggage has been put into a larger protective suitcase with wheels. Instead of going into a plane, I'm heading into an amphitheater. I think we're going to see a play about Tolstoy. But I lose my grip on the rolling suitcase and it goes down the slope of the risers and crashes into some other seats. There's an older woman there who hectors me and I'm rude to her. I ask a guard where I can put the external suitcase and she points me to a side room. I go in and sort out my stuff. There's a dizzying array of tiny tubes of toothpaste and junk and it takes forever. I'm just getting nervous about getting back to the theater/plane, when the side room pulls away--it's a shuttle bus taking me to air Jordan. I yell "Noooo!" several times but no one pays attention. I resign myself. We get to the destination--the Jordanian embassy. I meet a dignitary there who has a table laden with desserts. Tim shows up and gets cake. I get nothing.

I'm sick and hopped up on decongestant, so that might be what's going on with this dream. I slept freakishly late and kept waking up and dozing back asleep. Plus my housemate was practicing the drums, so I'm pretty sure that had something to do with a brief dancing section.

No comments:

Post a Comment