Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sit In My Lap I Bite Your Face; I Prefer The Sketches

1/29/10

I'm at a camp or boarding house for girls. I sit in the spacious bathroom and a lecherous old man comes and sits in my lap. At first I'm angry but unembarassed. Then I bite him and topple him off.

I'm in a gallery, looking at series of sketches and paintings. Some are very detailed drawings and some are bold but sloppy paintings. I like the sketches best. I identify them as being by Nabakov.

Wow, my note-taking has become worse and worse. I remember the old guy and the drawings but not much action surrounding them. The drawing by Nabakov comes from visiting the Jane Austen exhibit at the Morgan Library, where there are two pages of notes by Nabakov for a lecture he used to give about Mansfield Park. He drew the barouche that the Bertrams took and even drew in where everyone was sitting. It was hasty and sloppy but kind of great.

No comments:

Post a Comment