Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Crotchless Garment; Monster Eggs; Art Party; Floating

1/20/10

I showed up to work even though I was sick. I crawled into a giant bed instead and slept while my boss went through papers. When she left I finally got some work done and took my lunch hour running up a grassy slope.

I saw a clip of a television show of Christina Aguilara on SNL wearing a crotchless outfit. I was a little shocked and then scolded myself for being prudish. I saw a preview for a movie about some monster that was like a big embryo. Then I was in a scene of it where there appeared to be fried eggs all over the lawn and people were debating whether we should eat them or not. On the one hand, we would turn into some kind of monster, but on the other we were really hungry.

There's a neighborhood party. It's in some weird combo of Brooklyn and Providence. I go with my Dad and meet up with my cousin and his family and my friend Eric who turns into my Dad. We go from a hip home where someone is making their own jewelery--with mosaics on the floor and tables--to an even hipper bar where people are assembling an installation they make every year. Some people are putting up a big wooden frame, and others are making little puppets out of gloves and mittens. I go to get chicken wings and my old roommate chides me for going off my vegetarian diet. I suspect there might be some cute men down the stairs, so I go down a spiralling, switchbacking staircase. It's hard to negotiate. I jump the last six feet and float silently to the ground. I'm very proud of my leaping abilities.

This was a disjointed but very emotionally vivid dream. I've been sick the last few days and probably not getting enough stimulation outside of potboiler novels (one ghost story, one crime/medical mystery) and watching movies (See No Evil, Hear No Evil and His Girl Friday).

The most disturbing part of the dream was the crotchless outfit. The best part was the floating down the stairs. I really should go to more parties with my Dad, he's very funny and gregarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment