Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pear Photo; Age Of Consent; Parents Dead; Mall

2/2/10

Photographs of pears. There are big, page sized photographs of black and white pears. The grain is very visible.

Waiting to hear back from various guys I'm courting. I meet a handsome blond guy. We start to kiss and soon I pull back and ask him how old he is. He looks very sheepish and I say I don't care as long as he's 18. He still looks sheepish so my friend and I frantically look in books to see what the New York age of consent is. I go out of the room and find myself in China.

I'm at a dinner party. I'm all dressed up in a black gown with sequins at my legs. There's a poetry reading. One of my dear friends from college who disappeared, G, is here. There's a cookie plate and an awkward dinner where we sit at a long table at benches. I find out that everyone's parents are dead.

Going out into the market? It's like an outdoor mall in Beijing. Very colorful and noisy, garbage everywhere. Puffy sneakers and running as fast as I can down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment