Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Mind; Adopt Theodora

2/14/10

I'm going to the movies at a theater like Film Forum. They're showing old Star Trek movies. I'm going with some guy, some nerd, maybe Will or Tim, who is really excited. I'm tepid but willing to humor him. We sit down near the front. The movies are called "Mind" or "The World", some big ideas. In it, the story is that Spock has the power to grow enormous. His head extends down in long curves, following the lines on his face, like his frown lines and eyebrows. Around him everything shrinks down, until he's a ship or a planet floating in space and everything is on him. The colors are dark orange and red, with filaments like tree branches or hairs or neurons floating in black and velvety brown space. I'm impressed by the movie. When intermission happens, Patrick is there. I forgot we had a date. I'm kind of pleased to see him but also kind of annoyed.

Later, sleeping in: I'm in my apartment, which is sort of a concrete bunker and cold. I have two beds but live alone. Nick is visiting and he starts to kiss me. Someone set us up and I can finally confess that I've had a crush on him a long time. We start to make love and then I notice there are two women on one of my beds. One of them interrupts and starts hectoring me about a friend of hers named Theodora who needed a place to stay with her baby. At first I feel bad--like did I forget? I can't remember. But then I get angry and start to attack the woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment