Thursday, December 31, 2009

At The Show; Reading On The Rooftop; Sweet Gum Tree

12/30/09

I was on my way to see Saturday Night Live with O and was complaining that there weren't enough women in the cast.

I was seated at a big round table with my mother. Someone who was a stand in for JM was there and kept talking. I told him to shut up.

I go to meet P at his apartment, in a twisty, confusing series of streets. It reminds me of Providence. Clouds of colored smoke vent onto the street. P comes out of his apartment looking freshly scrubbed. We go to a nearby rooftop to read through his latest play. He starts reading it to me in a really hammy way and I start laughing when someone appears behind him on the roof. More and more people come out, a whole junior high school class.

On the rooftop are also a whole collection of Gossip Girl books. I pick one up and read the back. It's a bout a teenager's problem when she finds out her mom is having an affair with three generations of men.

Walking under a sweet gum tree. My boss is there and I identify the tree for her by the pom poms it grows. They're huge and exaggerated and soft instead of spiny.

I continue to enjoy mental fights with my ex JM. What a dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment