Monday, December 21, 2009

H's New Acting Career; Towels; Nap Victory

H. wondered if she should quit her job acting in a sopa opera and take a more fulfilling role, but she was worried if she could go back if it flopped. I offered her a place to crash. I was the landlady of a big rambling house.

I was doing laundry and forgot to put money in the dryer. The towels came out just cold at first, but then a little damp and finally sopping wet as I realized my mistake.

While visiting my brother and sister in law, S&E, I took a nap. The bed is surrounded by pictures of my niece, Little S. My stepmother L came to wake me gently. I didn't want to get up so she climbed in bed with me.

In the kitchen in Virginia, S, my stepfather T and I are eating something rich and delicious--chestnuts? Truffles?

Parkling lot? Road Trip?

H. is my old college roommate. She actually is an actress and she herself is the landlady (or super?) of a building her folks own.

Lots of step parents in this sequence. My parents were both remarried by the time I was ten and I get along with S and T quite well.

I remember the sections with the towels and then napping the best. The towel dream was exasperating but beautifully detailed. My towels were very realistic. I recently bought white and blue towels and the colors are still very bright and I'm kind of proud of them. The nap dream was superb. I was in a cozy cave of a room in a small child's bed and my stepmother, who can be a little bossy, was very sweet and gentle in the dream and I was pleased I could get her to cave and take a nap too rather than make me get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment