Saturday, December 26, 2009

Face Bite; Subway

12/25/09

At a crowded party. I talk to two guys in passing. One of them in a velveteen sweater follows me and says he's in love with me. I let him kiss me, but suddenly he bites my face. I shout indignantly and hit him until he retreats. I leave the party.

Subway almost nightmare. I get on in an area I recognize as Manhattan, even though it's not really. Lots of gray and elevated rather than underground. It's very crowded and I realize that I've missed my stop. I decide to stay on and let it loop, but it keeps taking me in unexpected directions. I want to go to Brooklyn, but it keeps taking me South until we're not even on the island anymore, just a metal cobweb over icy water and rubble.

I dreamed this two nights ago and didn't have a chance to write it down. I know there was something pleasant after the subway dream. When I was half awake, I told myself that I was re-dreaming the party dream and revising it. There were similar details and I think the outcome was happier, but I can't remember it vividly. I just remember the sweater guy who went from sweet to feral. He had glasses too. That part wasn't really a bad dream because I triumphed over someone who had publicly done me wrong. The subway dream was pretty anxious, though. I am usually pretty comfortably navigating the subway. I've had dreams of being lost in my home cities, and it usually features construction and highways.

No comments:

Post a Comment