Monday, December 21, 2009

I Will Totally...; Party/Operation; You're Crazy; Staircase

12/19/09

More domestic disturbances--
I was on the show Glee and was a ravishing tomboy who had befriended the beautiful blond cheerleader Quinn. Her mom went to the teacher and complained. I yelled across the room "I promise not to fuck your daughter!" thinking "I will totally fuck her if I get the chance." Also, I helped Artie play the drums.

At my grandmother's, she told me the best I was wearing was ugly. I took it off and was angry. It was ugly, but it was her belt. I run through torrential rain and into a cocktail party on the sandy spit of the creek bed near her house. The party turns into an operating theater. A skilled doctor and his apprentice are working on a patient. The apprentice fails to tie a suture correctly. It's made of latex and the knot looks like the knot of a balloon. His mentor catches him and scolds him.

I run into my cousin H at the airport. She is wearing a bizarre shawl and has her long hair in ringlets. I greet her and she calls me by her sister's name . I yell at her "I'm your cousin, not your sister" and realize she's become catatonic or crazy and as she goes up an escalator, I yell at her that she can't be a doctor anymore because she can't tie sutures correctly.

A romantic liaison with O on the staircase of the house in Virginia.

I remember this dream very vividly. It was an interesting and satisfying dream. Some elements are probably imported from life but some are pretty far out there. It's my aunt and not my cousin who is crazy.

I've had lots of drumming dreams recently too. Usually the high hat is falling apart or made of something unsuitable like a china plate. But the dreams are still satisfying. This might be because I have a new housemate who seems to be learning how to play the drums and practices a lot.

When I do have sexy dreams, they usually take place in tilted or skewed spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment