Sunday, December 11, 2011

Opera stabbing; My Fake Blue Bedroom

I'm in a small opera house. Someone who works there--Clerk? musician?--explains that it's actually only a fifth of the size of a proper opera house. I'm with some man, maybe Shad? and we walk around. There's a small bar for actors or maybe actual ruffians on which the characters are based. They speak in English accents and we order drinks and pal around.

We're outside on a lawn between opera buildings. Someone is throwing pen knives and two of them hit their intended target, and two hit an ally by accident (I was watching Buffy before bed and I think this is lifted directly from the episode of Faith waking up from her coma and remembering Buffy stabbing her) but the knives are small, tacky pen knives that I think are from behind the counter at the Army Navy Surplus in Providence.

I decide I need to rest and stay at home. It's only sort of the house in Virginia. Kristie's not there, it's some grandparent I don't actually know. I decide not to announce myself. It's the middle of the night and I know I have the run of the house. My bedroom has huge ceilings and a bed made up with blue and gray sheets and blankets, including one with silver metallic paint. I realize it's the same sheets that were on the bed when Ryan and I were there for Thanksgiving and I'm glad there won't be extra trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment