Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gold and sifting in the dirt

I've had a series of dreams about men and jewels. In the first one, I was sitting down or lying and there was a man standing over me, so backlit that I couldn't really see his face. I knew he was handsome and desirable. He was holding some tool behind his head, and at first I thought it was a scythe, like the grim reaper. But as it turned in the light, I saw that it was something round and the sun made it gold. It was either a halo or an enormous soup ladle.

In another one, there was someone who was wooing me and he had taken a large diamond and divided it into seven pieces. But they were scattered all over the floor. I picked up a handful of something from the floor, I don't know if it was dirt, or mabye something fibrous? Maybe fishing line holding beads together? And I was picking the small diamonds out of it. The man was encouraging at first, but then I found a tiny cloisonne bird (we had one when I was a kid) and I was trying to prop it up on a broken leg. He got angry and said I was doing it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment