Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trains; Bus; Barbecue

5/23/10

I'm on a train. I don't have a ticket. I rifle through my wallet to see if I have enough cash, but really I'm hoping I won't run into the conductor at all. It's crowded. I find an empty compartment and hide. I'm tired and lie down.

I'm on the side of a hill. I've taken a funicular to the top. There's a bearded man telling me something.

On a bus. The rows of seats are huge, like ten people across. We all hurry to get seats. I pick one by a window and feel lucky.

At a barbecue. It's set up so that patrons take turns bartending. Alexis is behind the bar and Jacob asks for a beer. Alexis opens it wrong, and then gets water from the faucet in it, and hold it upside down so half of it drains out. Jacob discreetly gets behind the bar and gets his own beer. The bottle has a picture of a horse on the label.

No comments:

Post a Comment