Friday, May 14, 2010

Beach; Deformed Foot Guy; Grading: BFG: Dog Cart; Museum

At the beach. I get out of the boat and there are colored shells in the sand. They're mottled in pink and white, like the ones in Mauritania. I pick up a pretty one for Tim. There's sand in everything, I shake my phone. Walking in the narrow streets, looking at tables full of stuff, with Tim, Tom, Leela, Jason?

Walking in the rain with Kim at night. We're going to the bus because the subways are all fucked up. We go by her friends' place first. It's two young loutish guys playing video games. The computers are very colorful, black and bright green and pink, with windows opening and closing unexpectedly. I sit on the bed with one of them and realize he has freakishly small feet. The baby shoes on the floor are his. I hold one foot in my hand.

School or camp or something. We're making students write essays, but the instructions don't make any sense and the students are illiterate and I'm angry and ashamed. I'm trying to grade them but it's taking forever. I leave. I see/am in a preview for a BFG movie, with monsters stalking through the streets. As I come under a bridge I look up and see a clock and realize it's only 9:30 in the morning, and I didn't explain to anyone at work that I was leaving. I can at least take papers to grade home with me. I try to go back.

In the lobby, I push the button for the elevator but instead the part of the floor I'm standing on pulls me sideways. I'm in a dog-pulled cart with two snooty European women who are talking about museums. I recommend some. We get dropped off at one and I get out.

In the museum, I see people making art right there--a guy painting a woman in various shades of green. Something with colored lights hanging from the ceiling? I get lots. Some guys yell at me but I defend myself, and he apologizes and takes me out of the maze of different art spots. On the stairs we run into Kristie. I introduce her and she works on something on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment