Monday, February 20, 2012

Dog; Orgy at the Prof's; Boat balance

I'm with my grantmother's old pointer, Audie. He's dying and I comfort him by stroking his cheeks and ears. In life, Audie was a very ugly and smelly dog and none of us kids wanted to play with him, but he was sweet.

In a big building. I was working for a professor? In a museum? An older assistant told me to take sheets of dark blue vellum paper that came with a tray of fruit or something to the basement freezer to be used later for pinning specimens. In the basement, the professor, an older, tall, bearded man, hits on me. I wouldn't mind except he's my boss so I discourage him.

Walking back through, I see more and more people. My computer is actually set up on one side of a bed. My old roommate is in the other side. It's not lunchtime yet so I'm trying to read emails and get a little more work done. She has two boys that she's fooling around with and I'm invited to join the orgy. I protested that I was just trying to get some work done. The emails are very hard to read and I'm slowly realizing they're all junk anyway. I agree to the orgy and let the nice boy put a collar on me. Our kissing keeps getting interrupted. I have a picture of a pretty black woman in a frame, that was actually taken from a book or dream journal, but when my roommate mistakes her for an old friend of mine I let her. My roommate gets the picture wet in the bed and I pretend to be annoyed.

An older woman climbs into the bed and announces she wants to be in the orgy. The boys are really upset and I explain to the old woman that she can't force people to have orgies with her. She's angry and offended but I stand firm, although I think the boys are being kind of wusses. She finally leaves.

I get up to try to leave the room but a marching band is assembling. I meet up with Ryan and we merge with the musicians. We end up going to something like an amphitheater church. We get all the way to the front but Ryan says he'd rather sit farther back, but by then it's pretty crowded. The church is slowly turning into a boat. I'm way up on a high tower for some promotion but then it's time to scramble down the stairs. I'm not wearing shoes and my feet slip all over the place. I see a dog with the same problem, sitting on its bottom and lifting all its feet in the air. The feet are enormous with huge articulated toes and claws. I feel so sad for it.

At a party I'm on a bench where people are coming and going. Trying to set up another orgy but it's too complicated. Three black girls join me and are talking. They ask what I'm up to and I mention the orgy and they seem non-plussed. I see Ryan arrive, dressed like a professor with round hornrim glasses. I'm very happy and go up to greet him. A boyfriend of the girls arrives too and we talk. They are all misidentifying the composer Aaron Copeland. I'm looking down into a bathtub, trying to balance or submerge a container. I hum Simple Gifts. I get the tune wrong once but get it right the second time.

In another bed and another old lady shows up, talking ostentatiously on the phone about how she met these wild girls and her male friend should come. I explain again that she's not invited. It gets heated and we're all talking over each other but I prevail. She's not even too angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment