Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lucid; messy room; collegiate hijinks; second hand maze

I was at a fake version of my parents' house. We were supposed to get ready for some event, so I ran upstairs to change. I felt like I was moving too slow and my mother was impatient. I went up to my room, which was surprisingly realistic. There were piles of books and clothes in the floor and I was rummaging for a particular shirt to wear. Someone said, don't you have guests staying with you? And I looked up and the room was full of people. The only one I recognized was the actress who plays Elena on the Vampire Diaries. She was trying to make my bed for me and saw a big cum stain on my pillow case and raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged, embarassed but not apologizing. I started trying to sort things and put them in their proper place. I picked up a small framed picture and looked at it, and when I looked up, I was somewhere else.

I was on an internet date. I stood on the curb, eating a tiny burrito because he was late. He finally showed up and asked me sing blue moon. We did together and we sounded great. Then he asked what I thought all the scat singing in it meant. I urged him to keep walking to the bar. It was a place where he was a regular and it was filthy and kind of hostile. The bartender's face was covered with bloody bandages and he had like a tube sticking out of a nostril. When my date went to the bathroom, I saw the sign in the ladies' room said "Bristol City" and I explained in thieves' talk that meant "titties" because it rhymed. The bartender had turned into a petite black woman who said she didn't like rhyming. I explained that "China" meant friend, because China plate=mate. She got very angry and said it was racist. I bit her finger and fled.

I was back at college, maybe right after winter break. We all piled into a lecture hall. An older woman in eccentric robes and hair was the professor. She was talking about how she understood us, or about what she thought a project should be. I was there with a friend of a friend and we were laughing and flirting. He held my hand a little bit. We were passing around a sign up sheet to do volunteer work at the end of the semester. I declined to sign and the woman next to me also said, "Yeah, that's too much." I found myself holding half a raw delicata squash.

We had to disperse and when we came back we were shuffled into new rows of seats. The friend of a friend was in front of me. I had my laundry bag and pulled out a sash and tied his hand to the row of seats. We were both very turned on. But then the principal walked by and started yelling at some kids--they were in trouble for showing a bootleg movie. They were expelled and rest of us fled. I hastily untied the guy. I half woke up and fell back asleep, but this time it was both scary and lucid. I was in a huge empty second hand store. I wanted to try to bring the friend back so I could tie him up again. I made a big bunch of ties and suspenders appear and I started going through the bunch. The bright colored patterns kept changing. I was starting to feel nervous. Another guy friend who I didn't know came in and offered to help untangle. Instead he tried to grab my wrist. I climbed up on to his shoulders so he couldn't reach me. A gang of other hostile kids came in. I attacked the woman in the front and ran. I gave myself corners and doors. I don't know if I knew I was asleep or if I had some power to control things, but I would think, I need a door, and it would be there. But I was still being chased. And the friend I wanted still wasn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment