Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cardboard mourners; running for bottle; ship shower

I was in a long dark room with blue carpet and messy shelves. There was a divide halfway through the room and it was the apartment I had shared with two friends. They had just had a tragedy and left without saying goodbye--they just left black cardboard cut-outs of themselves, with little spots of white writing or tassels of white yarn.

I was with a friend as she went around town, looking for a water bottle she'd misplaced. We finally found it in the lobby of a big box store and she went crazy. She was faster than me and I had to trot to keep up. Finally, when I was thinking I was going to lose her, an extra staircase appeared and I took it. We met up at a fancy restaurant with another friend and had lunch but the whole time my friend with the water bottle was acting weirder and weirder. She was maybe drunk, and feeling bold and aggressive. We went to the big glamourous bathroom and she stripped down to her underwear. She had become taller, thinner and more attractive and she wanted to show off. One of the waiters at the restaurant, who we knew, took a garland of fake oranges and blossoms and twisted them into kind of handcuffs and tied up our unruly friend.

The restaurant turned into a ship. I was waiting in line for the bathroom so I could take a shower. It was a big mess--I had a very hard time getting off my clothes and getting the water to work. Halfway through, my family came in. A man who was sort of my brother but also sort of my boyfriend was there and I told him to go to a far shelf and grab me some shampoo. He kept coming back with stupid questions about what kind and I got exasperated.

No comments:

Post a Comment