Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dinner; books; preparing for award show

Can't remember the order of things. On a Hawaiian island (I've never actually been) riding boats and little cars or scooters. Going to hotels and restaurants.

Maya Rudolph had written a little silly cookbook and her regular agent didn't want to handle it so we did. It had cartoon pictures of fish. She took us to dinner with Kristin Wiig. It was a family dinner and Kristin had ordered a book for her young son that came express mailed with two stalks of asparagus sealed inside. I could smell the asparagus. We were trying to get the kid to eat more vegetables. The dinner table was pretty and the company was nice. Some people were eating nice bread and when I asked for some, Kristin politely told me she was waiting until her jaw felt better to serve it.

There was a dark haired insider type guy there. I felt like I knew him? I felt comfortable with him. We went back to his hotel. He started undressing right in the hall. We went into his room and I looked at him and was surprised to see he was about two feet tall. He had put on a furry hat. He seemed a little self-conscious, but I suggested we get into his bed, which had colorful, beautiful blankets and sheets. We kissed but there were people coming in and out. He had some presents for a book award show, like little silver medallions that said "David" with "Sedaris" and "Eggers" on top and bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment